Our Guest Mentors:
Kate Grangard, is currently the CFO and COO of Gehring Group, Florida. Kate is a speaker and educator on all things ACA and healthcare legislation, from planning to compliance. Kate has also developed, authored, and delivered over 30 educational and compliance related webinars and seminars that have been approved for CPE, GFOA, HRCI, and CLE credit.
Kate’s commitment to advocating public sector has been strong and constant, having visited Washington D.C. to advocate for public sector employers by educating Washington leaders and elected officials on the potential impact of proposed or discussed healthcare related legislation on the public sector. Kate has also served on committees for the Council of Insurance Brokers; the Government Finance Officers Association, and the National Association of Health Underwriters.
Kate has a BS in Business Accounting from Fordham University, and also holds both CPA and Certified Global Management Accountant designations. Kate is based out of Jupiter, Florida, USA.
Key Quotes From the Episode:
“[Finance professionals in becoming a COO of the company] One of the biggest things I had to do was to let go over what I should be and embrace who I was. I needed to be authentic. I needed to let this inner self in me let loose. I said earlier the more I could do the more people let me do.” [05:15]
“People put more and more work in your desk because you do more when you do it” [05:48]
(Other resources and how to connect with Kate below).
Get Show Notes and Links in your Inbox!
Key Points From the Episode:
- Challenges and opportunities of finance professionals in becoming a COO.
- How becoming a COO can be a natural progression for finance professionals.
- Some recommended tools that will help you to successfully position yourself, your team and the company.
- 3 areas to improve the success of organizational investments.
Time Stamped Show Notes
[02:29] – Kate shares her career journey right after graduation where she started working at Metropolitan Services Group and Tax Practices doing audit and tax. Did consulting work and joined Millers Ale House Restaurant and became the CFO, COO of the Gehring Group.
[05:22] – Challenges and opportunities of finance professionals in becoming a COO of the company that Kate experienced.
[08:30] – Tools that will help you to successfully position yourself, your team and the company;
- True Colors Program
- KAI Scores
[14:00] – How Finance Professionals can bridge the communication gap among other employees at the workplace and making it efficient and high performing.
[16:41] – Focus on these 3 things to maximize potentials of organization with multiple generations;
- Putting up a committee every time technology will be rolled-out in the organization
- Invest in Data Analyst position
- Utilizing IT in strategizing and technology development
- True Colours Test https://my-personality-test.com/true-colours
- KAI Test https://kaicentre.com/
- DISC Test https://www.123test.com/disc-personality-test/
- “Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…and Others Don’t” by James C. Collins
- Accelerate: The Science of Lean Software and DevOps: Building and Scaling High Performing Technology Organizations Book by Gene Kim and Nicole Forsgren
- Great Teams: 16 Things High Performing Organizations Do Differently by Don Yaeger
- Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World Book by Adam Grant
Connect with today’s guest:
- LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-grangard-a94b6724/
- Email: email@example.com